The European Magpie is the only non-mammal known to be able to recognise itself in a mirror

Friday, January 2, 2009


Field notes: ------
The thing I remember about this picture obviously, is the hair. They could have made a movie about the lack of, the color of, the amount of, etc. etc. I remember shooting this picture trying to experiment with F stops. My understanding of the camera and appertures turned the subjects into a 60's backdrop. I dont' know the date and am trying to find it but I would guess 1968.

Magpie

11 comments:

  1. I vote 1991. Anyone else want to take a shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bet is 1987. I don't have a wedding ring on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you do...the picture is backwards. Look at everyone's ring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to mention that but didn't want to hurt Uncle David's feelings.
    When was 12 Things written? I had that hair for the back cover of that book.
    Aunt Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Aunt Dianna,
    I, too, didn't want to hurt Uncle David's feelings, but at this point, I want to take the path of least resistance. I do believe the picture is printed backwards. Two things tell me this: Maggie would never tilt her head to the north (which is the case) #2 Aunt Dianna would never be seen in public with very white socks unless the picture was backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 12 Things was published in 1991...not that I looked that up before placing my vote or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurt David's feelings? Surely you jest.

    Dianna and I were married in 1971, and I remember this look well.

    JBJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to know what Aunt Marcia said!!!! :)
    She is wearing the same outfit in both pictures so obviously she was married. :)
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete